” Since everyone is working from home, how do we get employees to submit their expense reports on time? “ Swinging by a colleague desk to drop off your personal expense reports might feel like thing of the past. Many workplaces are extending their remote work to corporate with social distancing guidelines by the government. […]
How to Stay Healthy When Stuck At Home
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, every around the world is faced with the reality of carrying on everyday routines at home including working and schooling. Staying home is essential to contain the virus and prevent it from spreading.
While we stay at home, we also have to keep our health in check.
Here are some tips for staying healthy during home :
1. Ensure a clean environment.
If you must venture out to the grocery store or get anything from the pharmacy, try these few steps to reduce your chances of bringing the germs and bacteria back with you.
- Wear a mask
- Immediately wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds or longer immediately when you arrive home.
- Cleaning and disinfecting mostly touched surfaces is very important like doorknobs, light switches, remotes, toilets and sinks especially.
2. Keep your workouts routine!
All gyms are closed and most outdoor places to practice fitness are strictly closed as well.
Fortunately, there are exercises that can be done at home with little or no equipment.
- Take a walk ( with a mask ) around the neighbourhood
- Practising Yoga while watching a YouTube tutorial.
- Performing bodyweight exercises, you can also do it with some furniture that you have at home.
3. Try to stick with healthy meal plans.
If you have stocked up in the kitchen in preparation of being quarantined at home. Your or your family member may be finding it difficult to follow a good and healthy meal plan. Of course, you can have snacks.
- Have a well-balanced diet
- Avoid the temptations of ordering take-out foods that can be highly processed.
- Regulate consumption and prevent overindulgence.
4. Mental health is as important as physical health.
While it is important to stay away from the last information regarding COVID-19, it’s easy to overcome wrapped up in the information about the pandemic, increasing stress and anxiety levels.
- Giving yourself breaks from the news and social media
- Getting plenty of sleep
- Practise meditation
- Engaging a video chat with friends and families.
5. Stay Hydrated
It is really important to keep your body strong to have the ability to fight off viruses and infection, but sometimes we do forget about it. Try these tips to ensue=re you get a regular and good amount of fluid :
- Try using an app to track your water intake
- Drink a glass of water before every meal
- Use a large reusable water bottle
- You can lemonize your life a little bit by adding lemon in your water.