The purpose of “Create a Trip” request not only serves as an approval tool for employees to adhere to company policy, it also allows us to categorise and consolidate different trips and the respective expenses incurred.This allows you to separate different trip expenses for future analysis into your travel expenditure.
More business travel hacks!
On our previous post, we have shared 10 interesting business travel hacks that prove to be useful was our road warriors.
If you knew those 10 tips that were given, here’s another 10 hacks & we bet you would not know some of it!
As far as business travel can be fun and full of positive outcomes, stresses during this period are inevitable.
- When you are out on the road, remember to focus on one thing at a time. As a business traveller, you probably have a million things on your mind. In order for you to be productive, you must be able to focus on one thing at a time. Avoid any unnecessary distractions that will distract you for you and your work. Try to stay away from non – business-related calls, texts, and especially do not get too distracted on social media.
- Remember that you are only human, take some rest if you need. Being on the road is stressful. Take breaks and stop and try to get in the right headspace to get your mind in the right place.
- Go and get comfortable. There’s something about being away from home makes you neglect comfort. This would definitely burn you out. Ensure that you do what you have to do to make sure that you are comfortable.
Out & About Tips
- Use your bag mostly in front of you like a security belt bag or a ‘ Fanny pack ‘ Yes, it may be ugly & old fashioned, but they would definitely be the best way for you to keep your cash and valuables safe while you’re out and about.
- Use TripAdvisor to book and check reviews on places you would like to eat at, visit or to chill for the night. This would give you the chance to plan ahead and ensure that you would get decent meals so you would not have to wait and starve. This is also especially useful for when you have an allergy or dietary requirements, you will be able to check them on this app.
- Once you have arrived at your destination, be sure to take a quick check of your area and examine your surroundings so you will not get lost and not lose your way and be late for your work/meetings etc.
- When you have free downtime, try using it to your advantage. You do not have to spend all your time with colleagues or having to do all the touristy thing at that specific city. But, travelling is one of the cooler parts of your job hence you should take that time to explore the city that you are at because you might not be there for leisure purposes.
- Find the location of everything you need. The hotel staff can be your best resource here. Ask them to tell you where any and every place you need to go to is. You would not want to be running around searching for directions when you’re supposed to be working.
- Put your mobile in “aeroplane mode” to charge – the battery will recharge more quickly.
- Try taking photos of the conference map or your place of work before you get there, it would be the easiest way to keep track of where you need to be just in case your phone data or phone battery runs out.
There you go! 10 more business travel hacks that have proved useful & doable!